The Association is dedicated to "Maximizing Excellence" for court officers and provides the following opportunities for each member to participate in this endeavor:
- Network with other court officers from across the state
- Serve in leadership roles within the Association as an officer, director, or committee chairperson
- Serve on state and local committees and have positive impact on issues which relate to you as a court officer
- Receive statewide and local recognition for exemplary performance
- Attend quality training programs
Play free games at Kongregate
Healthy Ways to Cope with Stress.....
Feeling emotional and nervous or having trouble sleeping and eating can all be normal reactions to stress. Engaging in healthy activities and getting the right care and support can put problems in perspective and help stressful feelings subside in a few days or weeks. Some tips for beginning to feel better are:
- Take care of yourself.
- Eat healthy, well-balanced meals
- Exercise on a regular basis
- Get plenty of sleep
- Give yourself a break if you feel stressed out
- Talk to others. Share your problems and how you are feeling and coping with a parent, friend, counselor, doctor, or pastor.
- Avoid drugs and alcohol. Drugs and alcohol may seem to help with the stress. In the long run, they create additional problems and increase the stress you are already feeling.
- Take a break. If your stress is caused by a national or local event, take breaks from listening to the news stories, which can increase your stress.
Recognize when you need more help.
If problems continue or you are thinking about suicide, talk to a psychologist, social worker, or professional counselor.